Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Math is hard!

Today I wasted time helping a friend. Though really, is it so bad to step away from the laptop to offer assistance to the needy and numerically challenged?

Point is, today I re-learned my elementary maths!

Yep, while I was a master of my own long division, I actually had to look online to double check my prowess with the fractions. Fractions! Who knew those things were so pesky! Luckily, I was correct on all but the multiplication of fractions.

Now can I take a poll as to how many times since 6th grade anyone has needed to calculate 3/5 multiplied by 5/8? Seriously, I know it's important to be able to add fractions in our heads or else how would we be able to double recipes? But who multiplies fractions?! Not me. Let me rephrase that: who multiples fractions that wouldn't be using a calculator?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home